Top TEN features that emphasize the benefits of the new PDF-eXPLODE Version-3
Server Editions Now Available
Support more PDF-eXPLODE users with less work. Multiple users can share a single instance of PDF-eXPLODE on a PDF-eXPLODE server. Three different server configurations are supported - a different license is available for each configuration:
- PDF-eXPLODE Terminal Server: Licensed per concurrent user, this edition works on a Microsoft Terminal Servicer or a Citrix Server product.
- PDF-eXPLODE Printer Server: Licensed per concurrent user, this edition works on any computer with PDF-eXPLODE configured as a shared printer.
- PDF-eXPLODE Report Server: Licensed per server, this edition works on BusinessObjects Enterprise, Crystal Reports Server, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and other servers that run a report scheduler service.
HTML Format E-mail Messages
Create great looking e-mails using HTML. E-mail messages can be formatted using HTML, providing the ability to use fonts and styles, colors, headings, paragraphs, bulleted and number lists, hyperlinks and images. A built-in HTML editor is provided or you may use another HTML editor.
Send E-mail Using Outlook (MAPI)
E-mail may be sent through Microsoft Outlook (i.e. a MAPI client), rather than sending through an SMTP server. This allows you to edit e-mails before sending and to save copies in the Sent folder.
Changes in the PDF-eXPLODE architecture improve support for larger and more complex documents.
PDF-eXPLODE Tag Enhancements
You can now include CC and BCC e-mail addresses in the <pdfexplode></pdfexplode> tag.
Do More with Variables
Take control and communicate more using variables.
- You can now use a variable to provide the e-mail From address.
- The number of variables supported has been expanded to six to allow for the From address.
- You can now include commas within variable values such as company names (e.g. United Data Strategies, Inc.) and numbers (e.g. $1,234).
More Flexible Cover Sheets
Now you have more ways to use cover sheets in your e-mails.
- A cover sheet may now be inserted either at the beginning or the end of the exploded PDF, or as a second attachment to an e-mail.
- A cover sheet may now be specified on a specific Default Message ID Tag, Client Details or a Client-specific Message ID Tag.
- Quick Mail now allows you to attach another PDF document, such as a cover sheet.
Fax Server Support
A new E-mail Address Format option allows you to control the format of the e-mail addresses you are sending to, which is useful for sending e-mails to a fax server.
Powerful New Utilities
- A new Completed Processing Notification option allows you to specify a process to be executed at the end of processing, such as a .BAT or .EXE. You can use this feature to copy, move or delete PDF files and more.
- A new PDF Combiner utility enables you to combine multiple master PDF files that may then be exploded to send multiple reports to a recipient in a single PDF attachment.
- A new PDF Viewer utility is included.
- PDF-eXPLODE Options have a new user interface making it easier to navigate.
- A new Cancel item on the Printer Menu makes it easier to cancel a document that is being processed.
- Changes in the PDF-eXPLODE architecture improve its ability to withstand antivirus software attempts to disable/remove PDF-eXPLODE program components.
PDF-eXPLODE is available for three server environments. In a server environment, PDF-eXPLODE runs under the SYSTEM account without the computer being logged-in.
PDF-eXPLODE Terminal/Citrix Server: This edition runs on a Microsoft Terminal Services or Citrix server. Licensed per concurrent-user, it can be configured so that all users share the same settings or to allow each user to have their own settings. It also supports Citrix Published Apps.
PDF-eXPLODE Printer Server: This edition runs on a network shared computer as a shared printer. Licensed per concurrent user, all users share the same settings.
PDF-eXPLODE Report Server: This edition runs on a server that is also running a report server such as Business Objects Enterprise, Crystal Reports Server, SQL Server Reporting Services or another report scheduling application. Licensed per server, any report printed by the report server can be directed to PDF-eXPLODE. This edition also includes PDF-eMONITOR Server, providing the option to explode and e-mail PDF files exported by the report server. PDF-eMONITOR works by monitoring an “inbox” folder for newly created PDF files.
Windows Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Win Vista, Win 7
Hard Drive: Minimum 40.5MB of free disk space, plus additional space for PDF files created
RAM: At least 64MB of free RAM, more during PDF creation